Day 1: Feb 12, 2020
WELCOME FROM YOUR HOST
Plan your day to maximize your learnings and takeaways. This will help ensure that you don’t miss any of the key highlights of the event.
OPENING KEYNOTE: THE FDA TECH DIRECTIVE
Is Digital Transformation the Answer to our Industry’s Safety Challenges?
In July 2020, the FDA announced its blueprint for the NEW ERA OF SMARTER FOOD SAFETY. The initiative discussed leveraging technology and other tools to create a safer, more digital and traceable food system. Delve into the reasoning behind the blueprint as well as the latest pilot test learnings used to increase traceability throughout the chain. Take back fresh ideas to help your organization:
- Exceed the FDA’s expectations
- Determine what this means for your local (Canadian) operations
- Investigate technology solutions that can truly make a difference in regulatory safety adherence for organizations on both sides of the border
Hear exclusive insights straight from the horse’s mouth (so to speak) to ensure your competitors aren’t leaving you in the dust.
PANEL DISCUSSION: CREATING A CULTURE OF FOOD SAFETY
Instilling A Food Safety Culture to Reduce Risk and Increase Customer Satisfaction
‘Food Safety’ may be the name of a department, but the whole organization plays a part. Lead your company in developing a safety-oriented culture and cement senior management’s support. Establish a culture of food safety by:
- Understanding the approaches of successful companies that achieve high grades for safety
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of a failed Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
- Learning from real examples of a true food safety culture
Master the success factor of the most safety-oriented companies and establish your own culture of food safety.
Day 2: Feb 13, 2020
CASE STUDY: SOCIAL MEDIA
Monitoring Social Media Insights to Effectively Manage Food Safety
Your consumers are talking about your brand. Make sure you’re on top of what they’re saying, especially regarding product quality. Catch potential foodborne illnesses early by tracking comments on your suppliers’ products. Confirm that your brand is delivering what your consumers want. Map out an action plan to:
- Stay ahead of potential problems and respond accordingly
- Increase understanding of the correlation between consumer trends and food/beverage safety
- Educate team members on the importance of tracking consumer sentiment as well as the impact of both negative and positive social media comments
Harness the power of social media to exceed your customers’ expectations.